Milton Keynes Dons 2 Lincoln City 2

Last updated : 08 January 2007 By Footymad Previewer
Gareth Edds' stoppage time thunderbolt rescued a point for MK Dons on their Sky TV debut after they had missed two penalties against ten-man Lincoln City.

Izale McLeod put the Dons ahead early on but then missed a penalty before Jamie Forrester's spot-kick and substitute Spencer Weir-Daley's 84th minute strike put the Imps in front.

But after Aaron Wilbraham's 90th minute penalty had crashed against the bar after Paul Morgan was sent off for bringing down McLeod, Edds became the hero again when he rammed in a spectacular equaliser four minutes into stoppage time.

Defender Jude Stirling - known for his gigantic long throws - was named among the Dons substitutes after signing on loan from Peterborough with a view to a permanent move.

Lee Harper continued in goal after he joined the suspended Paul Butler in making his loan move permanent until the end of the season

McLeod gave the Dons a dream start when he bagged his 20th goal of the season to put them in front after just six minutes, volleying Wilbraham's flick home from seven yards.

Lloyd Dyer's dangerous low cross deflected off Lincoln's Jeff Hughes and on to the post, before McLeod turned from hero to villain in the 35th minute when he missed his third consecutive penalty after Lincoln skipper Morgan had handled Jon-Paul McGovern's dangerous cross from the left.

McLeod, who had seen his last two spot-kicks saved, this time placed the ball well wide of Alan Marriott's left-hand post.

But Lincoln battled back and after Lee Beevers had headed over from five yards on the stroke of half-time, Forrester equalised for the visitors from the penalty spot six minutes after the break.

Forrester smashed his spot-kick straight down the middle after Dean Lewington was harshly adjudged to have handled Ryan Amoo's close-range volley.

Weir-Daley scored with his first touch of the ball when raced clear on to Mark Stallard's header to fire the Imps 2-1 up in the 84th minute.

But after Wilbraham's 90th minute penalty had hit the bar after McLeod was brought down by Morgan, Edds lashed in left-footed from 22-yards to keep the Dons above Lincoln in the table.