Lincoln City 4 Barnet 1

Last updated : 14 January 2006 By Footymad Previewer
Lincoln City produced a superb second half performance to cap a stunning fight back with a 4-1 win against Barnet at Sincil Bank.

The Imps turned the form book upside down after a run of five games without a win and, after surviving a difficult first half they ripped into Barnet to completely destroy the North London team.

The Bees had took the lead with their first serious attack in 14 minutes. Midfielder Dean Sinclair slipped a pass behind the Lincoln back four and Giuliano Grazioli strolled through to finish with a low shot in to the bottom corner.

Barnet went close again on the half hour. Paulo Vernazza chipped a 20-yard free-kick over the Lincoln defensive wall but keeper Alan Marriott saved under his own bar.

Two minutes later Adam Gross crossed from the left to find Grazioli on the far post, but from two yards out, the striker headed straight at Marriott.

Lincoln levelled things seven minutes before the break when a cross from Steve Robinson was headed down by namesake Marvin Robinson. Simon Yeo followed up and fired in a first time shot which appeared to be going wide until it deflected of Ian Hendon and left keeper Ross Flitney stranded.

Lincoln switched things around in the second half opting for a three-man defence and the move paid off.

Barnet fell behind in the 63rd minute after Nicky Bailey was penalised for a push on Steve Robinson. Dean Keates fired a free-kick into the box and Jamie McCombe glanced home a header across the keeper.

Yeo then shot straight at Flitney when he was clean through before Barnet skipper Hendon was yellow carded for pulling down Francis Green when the Lincoln man got away.

Barnet were sunk by two goals in quick succession in the final 10 minutes. A perfect 40-yard pass from Colin Cryan picked out Marvin Robinson and the striker beat Flitney with a shot that went in off the far post.

In the 82nd minute Barnet conceded another goal with Flitney at fault, when midfielder Scott Kerr fired in a shot to the touch line which the keeper allowed to go straight in without making any real effort to save.

Barnet's frustration in the second half showed with Liam Hatch, Hendon and Anthony Charles all yellow-carded in the space of 10 minutes as Lincoln took control.